- Covering too large of an area will cause the stripper to dry into the floor.
- Failure to allow sufficient dwell time will leave patches of finish on the floor.
- Utilizing a clogged pad may also leave patches of finish on the floor.
- Using a dirty mop will leave streaks on the floor.
- Pouring finish into a dirty bucket may dull the floor.
- Attempting to recoat the floor before the finish has dried may dull it as well.
- Utilizing the floor fan too soon will cause ripples to appear in the finish.
- Using too much chemical will leave the floor sticky following completion.
- Operating a dirty mop or mixing with dirty water may leave streaks in the finish.
- Neglecting to clean the walk-off mat will allow dirt to track in with foot traffic.
- Endeavoring to scrub using a dirty pad will grind dirt into the floor.
- Using too much spray buff may dull the floor.
- Scrubbing with a dirty pad will grind dirt into the floor.
- Failing to clean the floor prior to burnishing will grind dirt and debris in the finish.
- Burnishing with a pad that is too aggressive may scratch the finish.
Scrub and Recoat
- Recoating with the wrong chemical will leave the floor dirty and shiny.
- Using too spongy a pad may also leave the floor dirty and shiny.
- Scrubbing the floor too rapidly will leave dry, shiny patches.
- Rinsing with dirty water will cause the finish to peel up from the floor.
- Start out with clean, cool or warm water.
- On grouted floors use, a stripping brush.
- Don’t cover too large an area.
- Move machine slowly and overlap the passes.
- Walk where you’ve scrubbed.
- Flip pads to avoid clogging.
- Never put stripper in the solution tank of an autoscrubber; this can damage the machine.
- Change rinse water frequently.
- Store wet pads in a plastic bag.
- When finished, clean all equipment.
- Wipe equipment and power cords clean.
- Use a clean bucket and wringer.
- Use a mop head specifically designed for applying finish.
- Apply even, medium coats.
- Stay 12″ off the base boards and edges to prevent buildup on the first coat and every other coat after that.
- Allow ten minutes before using a fan.
- Don’t pour unused finish back into container.
- Dry and wet clean daily for best results.
- When mopping, change mop water as it dirties.
- Clean up equipment after use.
- Remember to plug in the autoscrubber after use.
- When using a mop, frame your area so you don’t splash water on the baseboards.
- Match the pad to the machine.
- Work small areas at a time.
- Flip or replace the pads when needed.
- If it takes more than 3-4 passes to buff out, use less product.
- Always clean the floor first.
- Match the pad to the floor finish.
- Do not leave the machine in one place too long.
Scrub and Recoat
- When using an autoscrubber, use the double scrub method.
- When damp mop rinsing, use a clean mop.